The US trucking industry is facing a growing shortage of qualified drivers in both the international and domestic markets. The shortage is having a serious effect on our ability to schedule pickups and confirm deliveries from/to US ports.
The main reasons that are causing these issues:
- US Federal mandate for “Electronic Log Devices” (ELDs) in effect since December 18, 2017
- Truck Drivers shortage
- Increased cost of operating and fuel
- Increased Chassis street dwell tightening inventory and availability
- Infrastructure and congestions
- High service demand for Hazardous and Reefers / special cargo
- Limited Free time at US Ramps
We highly recommend that you book as far in advance as possible. We will continue to keep you posted as the situation progresses.
Thank you for your continued support. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please contact our office.